Owning a hidden camera setup needs plenty of durational maintenance. There are numerous hackers located at every corner of the globe. You must set a difficult password. If anyone gets to access your cameras via an easy password, it may lead to trouble. Most passwords include serial numbers, a specific pattern, birth date, etc. However, these patterns are easy to hack.
You should use hard terms in a non-sequence way. Along with it, you can use symbols and numbers in your password. These Best Password Practices ensure better security of your password. These passwords should often change. A frequent password change makes it harder to hack. Moreover, these steps are beneficial to keep any spy footage safe and secure.
For details about security cameras, you can visit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closed-circuit_television.
How To Choose a Strong Password
Choosing a strong password is an essential part of maintaining security. Although, you may find choosing a solid password difficult. However, you should always set a password in your camera setup. It will save your footage from data bleaching by hackers. You can choose a strong password via password manager. These programs will help to generate a hard-to-hack password.
You can take the help of a physical notebook. Afterward, you can write a strong password. These steps will save your password offline and secure. Moreover, it reduces the threat of password forgetting. However, it would help if you never used word art or an online platform to store your password. Although, there is a possibility that hackers get your password via such a management program.
The below-mentioned points are beneficial in choosing a stronger password.
- Character: The password must contain at least twelve characters. A long password is difficult to hack.
- Arrangement: Never create a password with arranged characters. A password with lower to upper and vice versa number order should be abolished. The password must not follow any chronological order or letter.
- Combination: You should use a password having numbers, letters, and symbols. The letters should be mixed in upper and lower case. It will help to make your password stronger. However, do not maintain any sequence.
- Things not to include: A password should never relate to your birth date or street number. You should never use your personal information to create a password. Hackers can quickly gather this information from various sources. It makes the password easy to decode.
How Frequently Should You Change Your Password
There is no official rule to change your password in a certain period. However, frequently changing the password is hard to hack. If you are equipped with a strong and long password, you can change it in a year. However, you should make sure that the new password is equally strong. It has been seen that due to frequent password changes, the users set an easier password.
You can keep a strong password same for a longer duration. However, in few situations, the password must be changed as soon as possible. These situations are mentioned below.
- Whenever your system informs about service bleach.
- After logging via an unsecured WI-FI or Public WIFI.
- When your system warns about any malware in the system.
- If you notice any unauthorized suspect trying to get access to your account.
Everything You Should Know About Two-Factor Authentication
Two-Factor authentication is popularly known as two-step verification. It is an essential step used to maintain the security of any electronic device. This feature enriches your hidden camera system with a layer of security. The main function is to verify you by an additional source of information. It activates a one-time password. This password has to be entered to get access to your account.
The process of authentication is very safe and secure. It reduces the threat of hacking. If the hacker manages to guess your original password, this authentication password secures your account. Two-step authentication uses various methods to ensure identity. It may ask you to text, call before providing the unique codes. The security system with 2FA is far more secure than a normal security system.
Various well-known organizations provide this amazing security feature. However, you can install their application and get access to this amazing feature. Two-Factor authentication can be accessed by following some simple steps. These steps are mentioned below. For more information, you can visit https://www.google.com/landing/2step/.
- Download any trusted Authentication application.
- Go to the account you want to secure and open it.
- Get into the settings and search for the security and privacy option.
- Go to that part and enable two-step authentication.
- Go to the authentication app and enter the details required.
- Your account gets secure by 2FA.
Updating Camera Software
The camera software is also known as firmware. Just like computer cameras also need up-gradation. You must ensure periodic updates. This small practice plays a major role in protecting the data stored. The modern-day camera comes with an amazing self-update feature. This feature updates the camera whenever any update arises. It helps you to keep your camera equipped with a modern update.
Although, several cameras do not come with a self-update feature. You have to check the security updates frequently. These updates are equipped with new safety features. They are provided to decrease the chances of hacking. However, sometimes you don’t update the camera frequently. This leads the hackers to find a loophole in the security system. You will get the option of update at the settings section.
How To Keep Your Security Camera Safe From Hackers
Hidden or spy cameras require essential safety steps. You should ensure the utmost safety of your camera setup. Thankfully, you can secure your setup by following simple steps. These steps are briefly mentioned below.
- Router Selection: you should always choose a safe and secure router service provider. The presence of WI-FI protection access and WI-FI protection access 2 should be there. These two are helpful to encrypt your data.
- Built-in-firewall: you should always choose a camera setup that offers a built-in-firewall. Afterward, ensure to enable its access. This will secure the motions and control information. You can read instructions given to do so on your camera.
- Password: password is a significant factor deciding the security. You should always prefer a password with complex wordings. Moreover, you should include a symbol and number in your password. This small step will ensure better security.
- Password practice: You must have a frequent password changing practice. If your cameras or Wi-Fi is coming with a default password, you should change it immediately. This small practice will let the hackers face difficulty in hacking.
- Two-factor authentication: Two-factor authentication is made to ensure better security. This feature abolishes the entry of any third party into the system. You can enjoy decent privacy with cameras equipped with this feature. You should always prefer a camera offering two-factor authentication.
Can Anyone Hack Security Camera?
Every device connected to the internet can be hacked. The possibility of hacking a security camera depends on several features. If you are using a WI-FI enabled camera, the threat of being hacked is highest on you. In contrast, wired cameras come with the slightest possibility of getting hacked. There is a higher thread to cameras connected to cloud storage. However, you can reduce this thread by using a camera storing footage on a hard drive.
One can access the live footage by hacking the cameras. You should use the steps mentioned above to keep your camera safe. The cameras with no brand value are easy to hack. These cameras do not come with basic safety features. In comparison, cameras with decent brand value come with basic to advance security features.
Mostly, these types of hacking are possible due to the negligent behavior of users. It has been seen that the user sets a very easy camera password. Moreover, they keep one password for a longer duration. This small step increases the risk of hacking. Its often noticed that many users don’t even change the default password. Default passwords are the password set by the company at the initial stages.
However, many times the hacking is possible due to the manufacturer’s fault. It is often seen in the cheap and unpopular brand camera. This camera company does not provide helpful safety features. The primary safety features include two-factor authentication and a firewall. They store your data in the least protected cloud base servers.
Hidden cameras are the best way to spy over someone. These cameras are used to keep peace of mind. You can find plenty of cameras available both offline and online. These cameras are equipped with several modern features. You can find features like motion detection, night vision, and live streaming. However, owning a camera is not only sufficient. You must know how to keep it safe from hackers. Moreover, if You’re thinking about buying a new hidden camera, pick the best one.
Various steps will help you to keep your camera setup safe. Along with it, you can find ways to enhance your password practice. You should always set a strong password. Moreover, the password should be changed at a certain interval of time. The cameras coming from good brands are more secure. For getting a list of top security cameras, you can visit https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Camera-Photo-Hidden-Cameras/zgbs/photo/12909791.