In a world of increasing uncertainty, spyware is turning from something only movie spies would use to a common household and office necessity. More and more people are opting for hidden cameras, whether an inconspicuous dashcam to record accidents or hidden cameras to increase security around homes and offices. An HD WiFi Clock camera is an excellent spy camera disguised as a clock for this purpose. In this article, we will be giving you an HD WiFi clock camera instructions to build the device in step by step manner.
You can also check out our article on best clock cameras- click here
How To Use HD Wifi Clock Camera: Step By Step Guide
Turn on the smartphone. Turn on the WiFi internet connection. Connect the Wifi internet to the smartphone. Turn on the camera of the phone and scan the QR code in the instruction manual of the clock camera to install the application required to run the clock camera. The application will require access to a number of features in the smartphone such as a camera, phone, media, files, microphone, WiFi connection information etc. The access is crucial for the application and our HD WiFi Clock Camera to work smoothly. Wait for the application to download and install.
The Clock camera comes with a USB and Mini USB Port. Find the mini USB slot on the clock camera. Insert the mini USB port into the slot. Insert the USB port into the adaptor. Connect the adaptor to the power source. Wait for the lights in the clock camera to turn on. If it doesn’t turn on, it means that the camera is not recording.
Locate a series of small slots on the clock camera, it is usually on the back panel. If the camera doesn’t turn on, take a small flat screwdriver and insert it into the slots on the back panel of the clock camera. Do not push it all the way in, just enough to gently pry open the panel. Locate the camera switch and turn it on. Locate the micro SD card slot. Insert the Micro SD card into the slot. Turn the clock camera to see if it has turned on. Put the back panel back on the clock camera.Set the time on the clock camera as per your requirement. This can be done using the buttons placed in the top panel of the clock camera.
Now we will set up the camera of the HD WiFi Clock Camera. Go to the Wifi Setting in your smartphone. Turn on the Wifi. You will find a long-named hotspot connection. This is the hotspot connection of the clock camera. Click on the connection and select connect. You might get a message that there is no internet connection.
Dismiss that. Go to the application which was installed in step 1. Click on the plus sign on the top right corner of the application to add the device. Select ‘Add new online camera’. The clock camera will be available in the list of discovered cameras. Select the clock camera on the screen. Go back to the main menu of the application to verify that the camera has been added.
Once the camera has been added on the home screen of the application, select the camera setting and click on ‘Advance Config.’ Then click on ‘WiFi Config’. Pick you home or office Wifi and insert the WiFi password if needed. Click on OK. You will get a message that the camera is rebooting. Wait for it to reboot. Then on the home screen, it will show that the camera has been configured.
A message appears just below the camera saying that ‘camera online’ or simply ‘online.’ click on the camera. A message will appear saying that the camera password needs to be changed. Change the password if required or skip it if you want the default password. You will now see the screen the clock camera is recording. There are various options to adjust the brightness, contrast, picture quality, microphone, audio, volume, etc. adjust the settings according to requirement.
Initiate the recording by selecting the recording icon. You can also take a screenshot on your phone. Change the angle of the camera clock if necessary. You can also change the alarm settings, time settings on the alarm clock as per your requirement. The HD WiFi Clock camera is highly versatile when it comes to individual requirement. You can turn on the motion sensor ability so the clock camera will record when there is sudden movement. Turn on the push notification which will send an alert on your phone if there is any activity.
Now we will set up the SD card configuration. On the home screen, select the camera. Click on ‘SD Card Record Config’. In this, there are various settings such as the quality of recording you need, where you want to record all day or at specific times. You can record sound, or turn on loop recording and even the length of each film. Loop recording is when the SD card is filled, it will over-right the oldest recording. You can also select the IR or LED Config for enhanced night vision recording manually, or at a specific time.
Disconnect the Wifi and turn on the mobile data. Verify that the camera is still online. You can select the camera at any point to see the live feed. Also, it is necessary that the clock camera is connected to the WiFi and the power source through the adaptor at all times. Secure both these connections on the clock camera.
We recommend you to get Mcstree clock if you want something simple. See the review.
Things You Would Need
- A Smartphone: Any android or IOS smartphone will work. The phone needs to have some basic requirement. It needs to be able to support HD video viewing, it needs to support WiFi or a high-speed internet connection, it needs to be able to scan QR codes and download the spyware application to install and use the clock camera application.
- A Wifi or strong mobile internet Connection: The clock camera works using the application which will be installed in the smartphone. An internet connection is crucial for the clock camera to work. Whether it is WiFi or mobile internet, it has to be high speed
- Power source: The Clock Camera needs a power source to operate.
- A USB port adaptor: The Clock Camera comes with a power cable with a mini USB port on one end and the USB port on the other end. The mini USB port will be connected to the clock camera while the USB port needs to be inserted into the adaptor. Any standard USB adaptor can be used.
- A Small Flat Screwdriver: The camera switch in the clock camera is hidden behind the panel of its body. We will need a small flat screwdriver to pry it open. It is recommended to use a plastic one because a metal screwdriver can damage or break the panel of the clock camera.
- A Micro SD card: The micro SD card will store the recording of the clock camera. It is recommended to use an SD card with maximum storage as HD recording takes up a lot of space. Any standard micro SD card can be used.
- A battery charger or extra rechargeable batteries: The clock Camera works on battery. So to operate the clock camera smoothly, you will need extra batteries or a battery charger. While the clock camera usually needs AA size batteries, be sure to check the manual to find the right kind of batteries and battery charger needed.
Installing and using an Clock Camera can be a daunting task if you do not the basics. We hope that the step by step guidelines in the article has given you enough knowledge to use the product in a safe way. Kindly note that we do not recommend or promote the use of the HD Wifi Clock Camera for any illegal purposes or to violate anyone’s right to privacy.