UV Flashlight are wonderful tools to see things that are not visible to the human eye. But there are so many varieties and technicalities that it might be difficult to know which is the right one. To help you out we have come up with the best UV flashlight list. As per our research, the best one is uvBeast High-Power Flashlight. So, let’s start.
Our Top Choice
Best UV Flashlight
|Product Name||No. Of LEDs||Check Price|
|uvBeast High-Power Flashlight||3 SMD LEDs||Check Price|
|COSMOING Ultraviolet Flashlight||3W LEDs||Check Price|
|Escolite UV Flaslight Backlight||51LEDs||Check Price|
|KOBRA Light||100 tiny LEDs||Check Price|
|Vansky Flashlight||51LEDs||Check Price|
|BRIONAC UV Black Light||128LEDs||Check Price|
1. uvBeast High-Power Flashlight – Best UV Light For Minerals
- WHY uvBeast V3? It's the evolution from all dated 100 LED models. (1) V3 WILL SAVE YOU BIG MONEY IN...
- YOU’LL MAKE BIG COST SAVINGS IN THE LONG RUN. uvBeast V3 goes rechargeable (2x 18650 Lithium ion)...
- EVEN HIGHER UV INTENSITY THAN 100 LED VERSIONS. Flick the switch on the V3 and you’ll see the...
uvBeast V3 is the most powerful UV flashlight and now they have their upgraded version. Customers use it for minerals, fluid leak, hunting, etc. It is efficient enough to show things that are not visible by the naked eye. This light is made with so much precision to show the rings of the elements in mineral rocks. It works well even to found scorpions, rodents, or the detergnt particles after washing the clothes.
To make it more wonderful, it comes with rechargeable batteries. It runs on AA alkaline batteries and comes with the rechargeable battery unit. Once recharged fully, the battery works non-stop for 13 hours. It comes with the entire kit containing the UV flashlight, rechargeable batteries, rechargeable battery unit, and UV glasses. So, overall you don’t need to spend a penny after this.
If you are looking for a black light flashlight to look for scorpions, minerals, fibres, or other invisible particles you can go for this one.
2. COSMOING Ultraviolet Flashlight – 365nm UV Flashlight
- 【UV FLASHLIGHT PERFECT FOR DETECTING INVISIBLE STAINS】 COSMOING 395nm ultraviolet blacklight...
- 【LOTS OF UNEXPECTED FUNCTION】3W COSMOING portable UV flashlights can also detect cat moss,act as...
- 【USB FAST CHARGING & LONG LASTING】Recharge the handheld flashlight through the any USB port,...
COSMOING UV blacklight flashlight is for anybody who wants to detect the smallest particles of food, pet hair, the stain of dogs, cats, and other droppings on the end. It is good for people who want to clean their carpet or bed off any kind of droppings, stains, or fibers. It works well for finding out tiny-miny things that are invisible to the human eye. This can be an essential tool for inspections, medical forensics, scorpion hunting, or microorganism hunting.
Moving on to its use, with one charge the flashlight works for goof 5.5 hours which is less than the uvBeast V3 but good for the price. It can be charged using power bank, USB port, laptop, or even in the car. Moreover, the light has IP6 ratings which make it waterproof and weather resistant. Lastly, it is convenient to use also as it has a anti-skid-design, good handheld thickness, and a power on/off switch.
A great 365nm wavelength light which works well to search scorpions, pet droppings, stains, and to find other microorganisms.
3. Escolite UV Flaslight Backlight – Budget-friendly Ultraviolet Flashlight
- 3 AA Standard Alkiline Battery(Not Included), Rechargeable battery is not recommended!
- 51 UV LED allow to cover a larger area.Emits 390 to 395 nanometer wavelength.
- Perfect for outside use such as finding scorpions and minerals!
When you have a budget constraint and you need a black light flashlight that won’t charge a bomb, the Escolite is good for you. It can detect fluid leak, pet droppings, scorpion hunting, bed bugs, or you can even use it spot unwanted stains on the bedding. It is good to stay away from unhygienic stuff at home or hotels using this small affordable yet efficient back light. We tested it and found it can search only for dry things that means it is not capable of searching wet stuff.
The battery work on 3AAA batteries. The batteries last for around 15 hours although the company guarantees 20 hours of battery operation. In the pack, you get the UV light and the first set of batteries. Lastly, it is portable, weatherproof, light in weight, and has a good grip too.
This is one of the portable UV torch in the market which can be the safest bet if you are looking for an affordable yet high-functioning and a well-built UV light.
4. KOBRA Light – High Output UV Flashlight
- A TIME AND MONEY SAVER: This flashlight is a wise investment, as it will help you save thousands of...
- MORE THAN STAIN REMOVAL: Marvel in the wide applications of UV light! Pinpoint the origin of leaks...
- POWERFUL ILLUMINATION: No need to walk around aimlessly or break your back bent over carpets! Backed...
KOBRA light is yet another best uv flashlight in the market. It can a good bet for hotel room inspection or bed room inspection. With this you can easily pot out stains, scorpions, bed bugs, and other nocturnal creatures. It is also a good choice if you have pets in your house and you want to be doubly sure that your house floor, rug, and bed is free from their droppings.
The light works on 3AAA batteries. You can use these batteries for good 15 hours but while using it our testing team felt the battery dies out quickly than other competitor products. Apart from that it is much similar to other products. The only glitch we found that it is not portable. It has a wide top that makes it difficult to fit in any bag. However, it is light in weight and has a good grip too.
The Korba UV back light flash light is a descent light that use can use for inspection inside a hotel room or your house.
5. Vansky Flashlight – Good UV Flashlight For Scorpions And Other Pets
- ☑️ PRACTICAL -- Vansky UV flashlight black light is Perfect for Revealing Dry Dog, Cat and...
- ☑️ Detect Larger Area with Brighter Light -- This UV flashlight has 51 UV LEDs which is 30%...
- ☑️ QUALITY ASSURANCE -- The Black Light Emits 395nm wavelength with 51 top quality flashlight,...
Vansky flashlight is one of the hot-selling light in the market. It is known for its good UV beam, price, and compactness. Customers review it as the best UV light to detect food stains, pet urine, on rugs, clothes, carpets, and bedding, and other things that are completely invisible to the human eye. However, we found that it works well for searching dry stuff. Finding wet stuff like cats urine is a bit difficult using this product.
The light work on AAA batteries. One battery work fro around 18 hours after that you need to replace it. What is the most unique thing is that it is a pocket-size torch. You can fit it in your pocket easily and it has a rigid sturdy body so in case if it drops nothing will happen to it.
The Lorex D481A82B Analog DVR System is a great product to choose if you want a proper security system that comes with voice control.
6. BRIONAC UV Black Light – Pet Urine Detector
- 【Unique 128 LED BRIONAC UV Flashlight】Professional 385-395 nm wavelenth with super multi 128 top...
- 【Powerful Practicality】The blacklight flashlight is perfect for pets (dogs cats) urine...
- 【Long Lasting & Easy to Carry】Powered by 6AA batteries (Not included), better circuit board is...
This one is a power-pack UV back light. It can be used for inspecting dry stains or dry droppings. It is a professional grade UV light used in forensic labs, minerals inspection, and other inspection labs. Alternatively, you can also use it for inspecting your house or your hotel room.
As it has a lot of LEDs, it works on 6 AAA batteries. The batteries perform seamlessly for 20 hours. But if you are going out for outdoor activity trip,we suggest you to take extra 6AAA batteries along with you. Last but not least, they have a rigid aluminum body make. This way it would definately last you long for years over years.
If you are looking for an ultra-bright yet portable best UV light this can be a good choice.
Buying Guide – Factors To Consider While Buying The UV Flashlights?
Buying the best UV flashlights is not as easy as it sounds. You need to have a fair idea about the product. You should also know what is the best innovative technology in the market to get the best one. If you do not know how to do that we have made a buying guide to help you with everything. So, let’s start.
UV wavelengths can range between 10 nm to 500nm. The shorter the wavelength the better the visibility. The human eye cannot see wavelengths under 385nm. It is because our eyes does not have receptors that would let us see the ultraviolet rays. So, we need UV lights to see objects/fluids of all these kinds. When buying a UV light you need to check for its wavelength because different substances fluoresce under different wavelengths. For the most effective use you need to focus on a light that has a short wavelength. The best ones in this category areuvBeast High-Power Flashlight and COSMOING Ultraviolet Flashlight.
UV flashlight are meant for different purposes. Some people want it for their house/bedroom to keep it supremely clean from the small fluids/droppings etc. Some people have pets at home. Pets often urinate, shed their body skin, or at times salivate on the floor/rug. To keep a track of all these things people buy the lights. Moreover, it is also used by police for inspection of crime scenes. So, basically you need to see what is your use and then find a model accordingly. We have already listed which torch is good for what you can choose from our list without a second thought.
This is another crucial thing that you need to consider. If you want a very powerful light then there are chances you will get it in a bigger size. A large size model would have more number of diodes/LEDs. You can relate the size to your need. If you want to carry along you need a product which is portable and vice-versa. Cheeck your needs and then select a size accordingly.
4. Battery Operation Time
The product varies when it comes to the power supply. Some of them need a USB charging, power supply and some work on batteries. The number of batteries they need depends on the size of LEDs/diodes they have. The battery life is an important factor. You need to make sure that the thing that you are choosing should at least have a battery operation time of 12 hours. We have tried to include only the products that have a good operation time.
When you are buying the product, budget is always a consideration. Most people know what they will get in the budget that they have chosen. It is necessary that you sort out a budget for yourself as in the market you will find a lot of top-notch expensive products, medium-range products, and budget-friendly products. We have made the list of products in all the ranges from the costliest to the budget-friendly ones. Be rest assured, no matter what the price is the products in our list work well.
Uses Of UV Flashlight
These lights are used for a lot of purposes and professional applications. They are listed as follows:
- Used by police or investigation team or forensic departments to find evidences. This evidence are found generally with semen, saliva, or other body fluids.
- To find body fluids like saliva and blood. The body fluids glow under UV light. This makes it easy to collect evidence at the crime scene.
- With this, you can check whether your bedroom or hotel is clean or not.
- People use it for a home inspection. With this you can see whether your home is in good condition without cracks, holes, leaks in the HVAC system, gas pipes, etc.
- Finding pet stains. Cats or dogs owner struggle to find their pet’s fluids and urine especially if they rug spread all over the house. A UV light can illuminate the waste fluids and the dried stain to keep your carpet/rug and home clean and tidy.
- To make out duplicate paintings. With UV light you can find out whether a painting is original or duplicate.
- To spot scorpions. If you are going on a trip, hunting, or any other outdoor activity. You have to make sure your site is safe from scorpions.. Scorpions bite is every dangerous to humans. Scorpions glow under low lighting conditions. So, you can use the light to spot out scorpions near or in your camp.
- These lights also help to identify a fake product. Most of the original product have invisible tags which you can only spot under UV lights. To make sure, you go the original one, these lights come out very handy.
Frequently Asked Questions
1.What can a UV flashlight detect?
The UV lights are used to detect a lot of things ate home or hotel room like leaked fluids, stains, pets urine, pet dropping, insects, bugs, etc. They are also used in forensic investigation. It detects blood, semen, urine, and saliva for finding evidence.
2. Can a UV flashlight burn you?
UV light is no doubt harmful but it also depends on its wavelength. The lights meant for human use are made keeping in mind the strength of UV rays. The products have UV light limit that is safe for human use.
3. Do UV flashlight kills bacteria?
UV A and UV B light can kill some bacterias, germs, and other small microorganisms but are mostly ineffective against the viruses. Most of the UV light that are meant for general human use are not effective against germs and bacterias.
4. Are UV lights dangerous?
The low power UV lights emitted by black lights are not bad for skin and you can view them without any protection. It is only the powerful ultraviolet sources present are dangerous to eyes and skin. You should always use them with goggles and gloves.
5. Where all you can use UV light?
These devices work with almost all surfaces outdoors or indoors. You can use them inside the house on walls, fabrics, porcelain, carpet, rug, tiles, etc. to find stains/fluids.
hese devices are suitable for use on a huge variety of surfaces. You can use outdoors on bricks, concrete, soil, or sand to find dangerous insects, scorpions, etc.
We know that choosing the best UV flashlight isn’t as easy as it appears to be. That is why we have done everything for you from getting the best of the best products to writing a well-researched review for each of them. Whether you want a standard model for your house or a professional model for your work we have covered all of them. All the lights mentioned above can be an ideal choice for anybody. So, go forward and choose the one suiting your needs.